Monday, April 20, 2009

Allow myself to introduce myself...

Hi there! Welcome to my blog, I’m very glad you stumbled across me. My name is Carmel, I’m a personal trainer and mother of two small children, and I’ve started this blog to get some ideas out there about weight, eating, nutrition, exercise and - most importantly - body image.
It occurred to me that not many people who have struggled with their weight are personal trainers, and that not many personal trainers have struggled with their weight. So I thought it could put me in an advantageous position on both sides of the weight equation.

Of all the ‘health’ issues in our society, weight loss surely has the most myth and misinformation floating around it. A lot of it is from well-meaning people just trying to do the best they can, but a great deal is from people and companies trying to make a dollar out of peddling dangerously misleading advice to the rest of us. And don't get me started on the so-called 'beauty' industry.

Mostly, however, I would like to try to help people learn to stop loathing their bodies and to work with them, not against them. You've only got one life (I think) - don't spend it abusing your body and hating yourself for it.


Forget about what your body looks like for a minute - and challenge yourself to see exactly what it can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment